Are they neglecting the children’s future for their own selfish reasons for divorce? The following was my status on twitter:
#Jon & Kate splitting, nvr watched show but I call BS, shouldn’t b allowed 2 take easy way out, u have 8 kids, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, mk it work
Next comes responses on facebook:
- Absolutely – instead of canceling the show and counseling, they’re opting for the paycheck and divorce. And they just renewed their vows last August. Glad they got that free trip to Hawaii in.
- She was mean to her husband anyhow…too bad they milked the world for what they could first. Guess they are taking the easy way out.
- its all about the money with them!!
- Easy way out, Ro, I agree… Their first mistake was “putting their kids first”… if there’s anything I’ve learned you put God first, and take care of your marriage, THEN, the kids will work themselves out… happy, loving parents = happy kids. Nothing does more for a kids self esteem than seeing their parents love each other and respect each other… just my .02
- you are so right on there!
- We don’t know ANYTHING about them. We only see what filters through the producers and the paparazzi. We need to pray for this family and not armchair judge.
- I didn’t judge… I just know what I know…they said themselves last night on TV that they BOTH put their kids FIRST. Several times, over and over… “my kids come before anything else”, etc etc…. As a matter of fact, I don’t see where anyone judged them here. She WAS mean to her husband (he said last night that he lost himself and let her run over him), it’s obvious they were opting for the paycheck and divorce over their ailing marriage…
- I totally agree with you Ro…they kept saying they are splitting up for the kids ~ total crap!! It is just an easy way out…they did not want to make an effort to change their own ways and I guess money talked louder then their love for eachother. I think it is the worst thing for their kids! I don’t mean to judge, but just from the way he was talking in the interview, he is ready for something new (I’m only 32 yrs old)…lose yourself, that was a family it all about. You gain so much more when you lose yourself and care for others.
I agree with the above comments, I think marriage is hard…without cameras, without 8 kids, without LOTS of money, marriage is hard. No, we don’t know these people, really. But I think it would be silly to assume that we don’t know “anything” about them, in fact, we know quite a bit. Even if you don’t know the show, chances are someone you know does and people talk about it all the time. Which is the point of reality tv, if the whole thing was a farce no one would tune in, they are real, what they are going through is real, life is hard. The fact that they opened their lives up to the entire world does, in fact, give anyone the right to critique, judge, point fingers, make accusations…isn’t that the entertainment draw? People have been making their opinons of this family since day one, and they have been banking on it…